The Collection of Personal Data
You may visit a Covisint website without identifying yourself or sharing any personal information. Covisint does collect certain domain information in order to improve and customize your experience on its site(s). Specifically, Covisint may collect the following types of information when you use any Covisint or Covisint-affiliated website:
- Information you provide directly, including personally identifiable information, when you complete an online registration form for offers, events, user groups, training, trials, demos, etc. or submit an inquiry via email, direct mail, phone or fax.
- Information you provide directly, including personally identifiable information, by submitting an online job application.
- Usage data, collected via Google Analytics, such as IP address, web browser type/version, operating system and website visit information such as date, time and pages viewed.
- Click-through information related to Covisint emails and banner advertisements.
- Aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as the number of weekly visits or page views to a Covisint website.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Covisint may use usage data in aggregated form to:
- Measure the website’s performance and activity as well as improve the website’s design and functionality.
- Work with third-party consultants to develop and distribute statistical and general information to best understand how our customers use the website. Investigate and prosecute security violations.
Covisint Online Communications:
Covisint will use personally identifiable information, such as name, title, company, and email or other address, to communicate special promotions, events and announcements. This information may also be used to provide the products or services requested, respond to support needs, and/or provide additional information regarding Covisint products or services. If you do not wish to receive future promotional information and material from Covisint, you are offered the option to opt-out of upcoming communications.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children nor do we knowingly market our products and services to children.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Covisint values your business and strives to protect your privacy. Covisint will never sell or provide your information to list brokers or similar mass marketing entities. We may, however, provide information about you to our business partners and/or to vendors with whom we have contracted to in order to better serve your interests and/or to support targeted promotions. Covisint will provide only the information that is necessary for the third party to provide those services we believe will be beneficial to you and we take measures to protect your information. In such instances, Covisint’s master “opt-out” suppression file will be provided to such third parties in order to prevent unwanted Covisint material from being sent to you.
Covisint is a global company with customers and partners all over the world. Accordingly, the information we collect may be used, stored and/or processed in the USA or in any other country in which Covisint does business. By providing information via our website, you are consenting to the transfer of information from your country of origin to any other country in which Covisint does business (including those with less adequate levels of protection).
A “cookie” is a small text file that is transferred to your browser and stores information about your interactions with a particular website. A cookie is then read by the Web server that placed it on your browser. It works as a sort of identification card, recording your preferences and recalling previously entered information. By using cookies, your navigation time is reduced and use of a website is simplified.
Covisint uses two types of cookies:
- A “session” cookie is temporary and is deleted once you close your browser. Session cookies are used to help a user’s browser navigate a website more smoothly and may show up if the user comes from a website with which the subsequent website has some relationship (e.g., the website of an affiliated company). Session cookies can also give helpful information.
- A “persistent” cookie is more permanent and is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Persistent cookies are used to customize a website for a user. They may store passwords, preferences, registration and account information so that users do not have to re-enter this information each time they visit the website.
A cookie cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Covisint uses both session and persistent cookies to collect and store information that allows us to offer better customer service and ensure easy navigation through our website(s).
You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies. In most cases, if you do not accept the cookie you are still able to use the site. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit this site.
Covisint provides the opportunity to opt-out of receiving its communications whenever we request personal information from you and when you receive material from us. If you have difficulty opting-out, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, e-mail address and subscription you wish to cancel.
Links to Non-Company Websites
Covisint may provide links to Internet sites maintained by others. Covisint does not review such third-party websites in their entirety and is not responsible for the contents of or any products or services offered by such third-party sites. Covisint encourages you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit whether the site is linked to our or not.
Covisint provides these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or our acceptance of any responsibility that arises as a result of your use of the site.
Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Covisint has agreed to comply with all Date Protection Laws applicable to the transfer of Personal Data from a member state of the European Union to a jurisdiction that the EU has declared not to be adequate for data protection purposes by the European Commission..
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, feedback forms, web logs, “blogs”, news groups and/or other public messaging forums available to its users. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information. You should always exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these public forums.
Online Job Applications
Covisint’s website provides the opportunity for candidates to submit their resume or curriculum vitae online. All resumes received by Covisint will be held in confidence and used only for the purpose of considering the candidate for employment or for such other purpose as requested by the candidate. Covisint will not sell, trade, rent or distribute the personal information contained in any online application to any third party.
All open positions offered by Covisint or by its domestic and international subsidiaries are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications and preferred experience are determined by the domestic or international subsidiary offering the position. All positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This includes immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
How to Update Your Resume/Personal Information:
If you have already submitted your resume or curriculum vitae to Covisint and your skills, experience or contact information has changed, please resubmit your resume. Your revised resume will be updated in our resume management system. Visit the Careers site to learn more about open positions, candidate eligibility and the interviewing process.
How to Contact Covisint Recruiting Regarding Your Privacy:
Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding your privacy during the recruiting process.